Introduction to Juvenile Record Expungement
Maryland law permits a person with a juvenile record to seek to have that record expunged under certain circumstances.
You may be eligible to have your juvenile record expunged (removed from public inspection) if:
1. A child in need of supervision (CINS) petition or a juvenile delinquency petition was filed concerning you, or
2. You received a juvenile citation.
Not every person with a juvenile record will be eligible for expungement. There are specific grounds for expungement (e.g., reasons why an expungement is granted).
Read the law: Md. Code, Courts and Judicial Proceedings § 3-8A-27.1
Read the rule: Md. Rule 11-506
- Learn about the law and process: Frequently Asked Questions about Juvenile Expungement.
- See whether you meet the grounds for juvenile expungement: Juvenile Record Expungement Checklist.
- Review the procedure for juvenile record expungement: Steps in the Juvenile Record Expungement Process.